Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dr. Seuss cupcakes

I recently did cupcakes for a friends baby shower and thought i'd share. They turned out pretty good, but thought i'd share my experience in case any of you wanted to give them a try!


These are "thing 1" and "thing 2" inspired cupcakes. I spent quite a while getting it fluffed perfectly. All the tutorials online failed to mention that frosting makes the cotton candy melt.

1 hour later....

So make sure to put the cotton candy on right before you bring them out. :)

These were key lime cupcakes that were "green eggs and ham" They were delish! If you ever have the chance to make key lime cupcakes with cream cheese frosting....for heavens sake DO IT! I will be using the recipe again for sure. It included lemon cake mix and lime gelatin mix with lime juice.







3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I love the Thing 1 and 2 cakes, but you say cream cheese frosting and I am all over that mess! You are so fantastic in your caking skills! Someday I hope to be 1/2 the fabulous that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Kayla!! You are very talented!! I'd love to try that key lime cupcake recipe. Could you post the recipe on your blog or email it to me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I really want the recipe! Please Please

    ReplyDelete